SILOAM SPRINGS CITY LAKE
City Lake is named after the 50-acre lake that is fed by Flint Creek. The lake served as the early water source for the city of Siloam Springs until 1957 . Now, the area is becoming a key part of the community’s growing recreational resources with multi surface trails for bikers and walkers, a bird watching blind, fishing areas, and more.
It was a pleasure to draft the management plan for City Lake park in Siloam Springs, Arkansas and help develop educational signs. This management plan is the first of its kind for the City and combines traditional park management with natural resource management. Joe Woolbright of Ozarks Ecological Restoration Inc. was gracious to share his vast technical expertise of vegetation management to the plan. Here is a radio piece from KUAF about the park featuring Joe Woolbright.